PFP Welcomes you to another wonderful year!
Attached is a welcome letter from PFP to all parents and families of Peace Preschool..
Parents for Peace (PFP) is a parent association/organization comprised of families advocating for the center. This association works towards encouraging parent involvement supporting school activities through raising funds and volunteering their time to school programs. Parents are invited to participate, contributing their talents to help school programs and the children of the center to reach their greatest potential. PFP includes parents representing each one of the center’s classrooms, as well as parents to serve in leadership and planning/organizing positions.
- We help coordinate so that each classroom has a ROOM PARENT, a reliable and dependable parent who helps their lead teacher with organizing class parties, assisting with large projects, or helping with things teachers may need.
- We organize and put together fundraisers for the school
- We have meetings every month and have a newsletter to update our school with ongoing and upcoming activities
Every year, the center asks that parents sign a PFP Commitment Letter, requiring a parent from every household with a child at Peace to participate in helping with at least THREE school event, fundraiser, or school support activity for the year. Based on this list, each event, fundraiser or activity will have their own committee of parent volunteers that come together to plan and organize. Committees include:
- Fun Food Fridays
- Website/Social Media Support
- Box Tops, Capri Sun Packages, Price’s Milk Caps
- Family Support
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Fall Festival
- Rummage Sale
- Food Drive
- Toy Drive
- Christmas Store
- Christmas Program
- Art Show
- Week of the Young Child
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fun Walk/Run
- End of the Year Program
Any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Lynda O’Dell at email@example.com.